I am so out of the habit of blogging/journaling/writing anything that isn't a class assignment, so coming up with something interesting to write about is proving to be quite challenging. I remember XB saying in one of her blog posts that it became easier to think of things to write about once she got into the habit of blogging regularly. She was blogging every day for a while, and I KNOW I'll never blog that often, but I'm going to rely a bit on that advice and not expect myself to have anything particularly interesting or meaningful to say right now. It's more important, I'm thinking, to just start writing and hopefully interesting things will come.
The hard thing right now is figuring out what kind of blog I want this to be. I've done angst to death and kind of want to move on from that, but I still want it to be real and personal. It'll probably take a while to figure that all out, but I'm really not in a hurry. I don't really feel the need to impress anyone with this thing.
I'll finish with a classroom incident that made me laugh for a good 30 seconds when it happened. We were listening to this horrible song that was apparently in the movie "The Karate Kid," and the professor was asking the class to rate the song on a scale of 1 to 5. The woman behind me mentioned that she lurved the song, and I just couldn't understand how that could be. She said it was because she had a crush on that guy from the movie, but we couldn't remember his name. And good ol' JG, with a completely straight face, asked "You mean Mr. Miyagi?"
Maybe you just had to be there...
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've been waiting for this day my whole life. Love it.
SO glad you're back at it! Can't wait for more.
Post a Comment