Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Facts

So Claire tagged me to share random facts about myself. I usually don't do these types of things, but since so many others have I figure I'll conform.

The Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 random and / or weird facts about yourself.

3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

_______

My 7 Thingies:

1. I hate it when people wear blacks that don't match. Whether you want to believe it or not, there ARE different shades of black, and you just look bad if you're wearing black pants that don't match your black top.

2. I am horrible at estimating time. I consistently underestimate the amount of time I need to get everywhere. I'm learning that I need to take how long I think I'll need to get somewhere, and add 50%. That's how bad it is.

3. I fiddle and fidget a lot. My napkins are always absolutely destroyed by the end of a meal, as is any leftover food. I know it's sometimes disgusting, but I can't stop unless those things are taken away from me (which Laura often does).

4. When I'm walking on the street and I see a Green Peace worker or Gay Rights advocate or Democratic Party volunteer or pretty much anyone with a clipboard, I pull out my cell phone and have a pretend conversation so I don't have to talk to them. This happens at least once a week.

5. I dread, literally dread, the end of Daylight Savings Time every year. This Sunday will be one of the saddest days of the year for me. On the flip side, I love, literally love, the start of Daylight Savings Time. That extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day really makes a huge difference in my temperament.

6. I am a night person. If I could have my ideal schedule, I would stay up until four and wake up at noon. I know this seems to contradict #5, but it doesn't. I think there's just something inherently depressing about darkness before the end of the workday.

7. I love games of all types. Video games, board games, card games, all of them. I don't know why I like them so much, since I don't enjoy competition in any other arena, but there you have it.

I tag: No one. I'm pretty sure everyone I know has been covered.

4 comments:

Xaris said...

What are you talking about? Aren't putting the clock BACK this Sunday? That's an extra hour...

Joshua said...

I should have clarified. It's an hour less of sunlight at the end of the day...

Claire said...

Yay! So glad you did it... I'm the same way about surveys, and trust me, i won't be tagging you again for at least six months.. I'll let you get through this dark period, I'll wait til the lights go back on in the ol' sky :)

Lauren said...

ummm... one of your facts should be that you also overestimate your bladder capacity.